Sika Firerate Intumescent Resistant Joint Sealant 310ml
Sika Firerate is a gunnable acrylic based jointing and sealing compound specially formulated with inorganic fillers to provide a fire barrier. Sika Firerate has been tested for fire resistance for up to 4 hours according to AS 1530.4 in masonry wall and floor joints.
Sika Firerate is suitable for sealing joints in concrete or masonry that must have a fire rated resistance to Australian Standards. Sika Firerate also fulfils the basic function of a gap filler and joint sealant against water and dust penetration.
CHARACTERISTICS AND ADVANTAGES
Safe to use – contains no asbestos or fibres.
Good flexibility and adhesion to concrete and masonry.
Interior use only.
Easily applied with normal caulking equipment.
Easy tooling off.
Economical – single product for both fireproofing and sealing functions.
Water clean-up of tools and equipment while still uncured.
Excellent acoustic performance, test report available.
• Up to 4 hours fire resistance according to AS 1530.4
• Very good resistance to weathering
• Movement capability of ± 20 %
• Easy to smooth and very good workability
• Good adhesion to many different substrates
• Water clean-up of uncured sealant
APPROVALS / STANDARDS
• AS 1530.4 FRL
• ISO 717.2 Rw (Ctr) = 64 (-13)
The substrate must be clean, dry, sound and homogeneous, free from oils, grease, dust and loose or friable particles. Sika® Firerate adheres without primers and/or activators.
APPLICATION METHOD / TOOLS
Sika® Firerate is supplied ready to use. After the necessary substrate preparation, insert a suitable backing rod to the required depth and apply any primer if necessary. Insert a foil pack or cartridge into the sealant gun and extrude Sika® Firerate into the joint making sure that it comes into full contact with the sides of the joint and avoids any air entrapment. Sika® Firerate sealant must be firmly tooled against the joint sides to ensure adequate adhesion. It is recommended to use masking tape where exact joint lines or neat lines are required. Remove the tape within the skin time. Do not use tooling products containing solvents. Water can be used if wet tooling is required.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Clean all tools and application equipment immediately after use with water. Once cured, residual material can only be removed mechanically
• Sika® Firerate may be overpainted with solvent free paints.
• Do not use Sika® Firerate on damp and/or wet substrates.
• Do not apply Sika Firerate at temperatures below 5ºC
• Do not use Sika® Firerate to seal joints in and around swimming pools.
• Do not use Sika® Firerate to seal joints in external applications on non-porous substrates.
• Do not use Sika® Firerate for joints under water pressure or for permanent water immersion.
• Do not expose uncured Sika® Firerate to rain or water as this may interfere with the curing reaction.
BASIS OF PRODUCT DATA
All technical data stated in this Data Sheet are based on laboratory tests. Actual measured data may vary due to circumstances beyond our control.
ECOLOGY, HEALTH AND SAFETY
For information and advice on the safe handling, storage and disposal of chemical products, users shall refer to the most recent Safety Data Sheet (SDS) containing physical, ecological, toxicological and other safety related data.
More From This Category