A mix yourself powder wallpaper stripper that helps remove wall coverings including paper-backed types of vinyl and foils.
It contains wetting agents to assist the softening of pastes and is easy to apply.
Available in: 75g
Ready to use: NO (mix with water)
• Peel off the top layer of solid or coated types of vinyl or score the face design with coarse sandpaper or a wire brush to allow the stripper to penetrate.
• Sprinkle contents of this pack into 3L of hot water, while stirring briskly.
• Apply the mixture with brush, sponge or roller to saturate and soak the paper. Wait for a thorough soaking. Do not allow to dry, apply more stripper after 10 min if necessary.
• Remove paper and paste residue with a wide scraper.
• Repeat procedure if necessary, then wash the surface using the mixture, before rinsing thoroughly with clean water and allow to dry.
• Use Poly Wallpaper Paste Powder, to hang depending on the type of wall covering.
Store in a dry place.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Irritating to skin and eyes.
• Avoid contact with skin and eyes and avoid breathing dust.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, glasses and gloves.
• This product contains alkaline salts and is hazardous. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for more information.
• In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of soap and water.
• Immediately clean up spills with warm water.
Q. What should I do if I start to peel off old wallpaper and it takes some of the plaster surfaces as well?
A. Old plaster can become very weak and when you strip off wallpaper it sometimes takes the plaster with it. It's important to use a purpose formulated wallpaper stripping solution such as Poly Wallpaper Remover and not regular liquid soap. This will help to ease the paper off and reduce the chances of damaging the plaster surface.
For plaster that has been slightly damaged, use Polyfilla Interior Small Cracks. If the damage is deep, use Polyfilla Interior Large Cracks.
Q. How do I remove vinyl wallpaper?
A. Initially peel vinyl overlay off the backing paper. Use Poly Wallpaper Remover to soften backing paper then peel off or remove with a paint scraper.
More From This Category