A paint and varnish stripper free of Methylene Chloride (MC) and N-methyl Pyrollidone (NMP) for safer interior usage*.
Deep penetration performance allows for multiple layers
to be stripped in a single application to save time.
FOR INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE
Coverage: 0.5m2 per litre when applied 2mm thick on a horizontal surface.
Ready to use: YES
NOTE: Do not use on plastic surfaces, vinyl, masonite or rubber. Take care when using on plasterboard or other porous surfaces as softening or penetration of the surface can occur. Suitable for most decorative paints, varnishes and 1-part polyurethanes. Not for Kalsomine, penetrating timber stains or some 2-pack coatings.
*in comparison with methylene chloride paint strippers
• Use in a well-ventilated area and wear protective gloves and glasses.
• Apply stripper approx 2mm thick using a brush. Take care on vertical or overhanging surfaces, as stripper may drip.
• Leave the paint stripper in contact with the coating until softened and scrape off the coating with slight pressure. If paint remains after scraping, apply a second coat of stripper. Scrape along the grain for timber. A scourer can be used to remove ingrained paint.
• Stripping times vary according to a number of paint layers, age and type. As a guide, water-based paints begin to soften after 15–20 mins. Allow 60 mins or longer for oil-based and polyurethane coatings. The paint stripper remains effective while in a wet state.
• Do not allow stripper or softened paint to dry on the surface. Some oil-based paints will continue to bubble and strip even after stripper has been removed.
• Wipe surface clean with a wet rag followed by a solution of Poly Sugar Soap. Do not use excessive water. On fine timber where grain swelling is likely, use methylated spirits.
• Allow surfaces to completely dry before re-coating.
• Clean tools in warm water.
• Risk of serious damage to eyes.
• Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear protective gloves and glasses when mixing or using.
• If skin or hair contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and flush skin and hair with running water.
• Avoid breathing vapour. Use in a well-ventilated area.
• Wash hands after use.
• Keep away from heat and ignition sources.
• This product has been classified as hazardous. Refer to Safety Data Sheet for more information.
• If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. If in eyes, wash out immediately with water.
• For first aid advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor at once.
Q. What is the difference between Polystrippa Paint Stripper and Polystrippa Advanced?
A. Polystrippa Paint Stripper is formulated with methylene chloride. It is very aggressive and may be harmful to health with prolonged exposure. It is most suitable for smaller applications and should only be used outdoors. Polystrippa Advanced, on the other hand, is free of methylene chloride and is preferable for larger or indoor applications.
More From This Category