LOCTITE® MR 5923 is a dark reddish-brown, viscous liquid thread sealant with a characteristic alcoholic odor. It is a slow drying liquid that changes to a pliable, tacky film through solvent evaporation. It seals close-fitting parts, machined surfaces, and threaded connections in industrial, aircraft, and marine applications.
Dark reddish-brown, viscous liquid thread sealant with a characteristic alcoholic odor.
For close tolerance flanges
LOCTITE® MR 5923™ seals close-fitting parts, machined surfaces, and threaded connections in industrial, aircraft, and marine applications. It is a slow drying liquid that changes to a pliable, tacky film through solvent evaporation. Typical applications include solid gasket dressing, close-fitting machined surfaces, threaded connections, aviation engines, and marine engines. This product is typically used in applications with an operating range of -54 °C to +204 °C.
Chemical Type Modified resin, fillers, and alcohol
Appearance Brown liquidLMS
Viscosity Flow similar to SAE 10 Motor Oil
Cure Air dry
Application Gasketing & sealing
● For close tolerance flanges
● Slow drying
● Flexible setting
LOCTITE® MR 5923™ retains effective properties in contact with water, ethylene glycol, gasoline, motor oil, transmission fluid, and seawater
Directions for use:
1. Remove all previous material from mating surfaces.
2. For best results, clean and prep the area with an oil-free solvent.
3. Remove cap. Coat with a brush-top applicator.
4. When used as a gasket dressing, spread product with a spatula to a uniform film on one side of the gasket and then position it on the assembly. Coat the second side of the gasket and re-assemble. Slower drying formula increases work time.
5. Assembly is operational after 4 hours, full cure is effective after 24 hours.
6. The product can be removed from metal surfaces with isopropyl alcohol. If the sealant has been dried for a long time or at high temperatures, cover the sealant with alcohol and allow it to soften overnight.
More From This Category