Part N° 546018 (MA3)
LOCTITE AUTOMOTIVE REARVIEW MIRROR ADHESIVE
• Special Loctite bonding system for attaching metal rear-view mirror buttons to windscreens. Ideal for larger mounting brackets
• Absorbs difference in thermal expansion - also recommended for metal locks and hinges on side windows and glass to metal applications on furniture.
1 piece of nylon mesh 40mm x 40mm - Diagram 1 Part B.
1 tube of Loctite adhesive - Diagram 1 Part A. Contents are sufficient for one rear-view mirror application. Note: the adhesive must be used with the special nylon mesh
Directions for use:
- Where convenient, remove the metal bracket from the mirror bracket. Do not damage the metal bracket Place the car in shade for at least one hour before commencing the repair. The ideal temperature for this 2 repair is between 15°C and 25°C Diagram 3: Mark an outline of the bracket on the outside of the windscreen with a marking pen Ensure the position of the bracket will result in the mirror hanging in the correct way.
- Remove all old adhesive from the bracket with fine sandpaper, and from the screen with a sharp blade or razor blade. Wipe clean the inside of the screen with an ammonia-based detergent or LOCTITE SF 3 7850 Orange hand cleaner, then wipe again with a clean cloth dampened in Methylated Spirit. Allow drying. Cut the nylon mesh to the exact shape of the metal bracket that will fit onto the windscreen. Hands must be clean and oil-free while doing this.
- Cut the tip from the adhesive tube (Dia. 1, Part A), apply the adhesive from the tube and spread over the entire area of the metal
- Place the cut to size nylon mesh onto the adhesive on the metal bracket. Important. The adhesive will begin curing within 30
seconds of contact with the nylon mesh. Diagram 7: Note Ensure the bracket is in the correct position (top and bottom front and back) With the nylon mesh and adhesive assembled, press the bracket and mesh against the inside of the windscreen aligned with the marked location and hold firm for a minimum of 30 seconds Wipe off any excess adhesive, Allow adhesive to cure for at least 15 minutes before mounting the mirror to the bracket. Warning: Adhesive may attack some painted surfaces.
Others Also Bought
More From This Category