LOCTITE 263 is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. It's particularly suited for heavy duty applications such as studs into motor housings, nuts onto studs in pump housings and other fasteners where high strength is required. LOCTITE 263 provides robust curing performance. It not only works on active metals (e.g. brass, copper) but also on passive substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces. The product offers high-temperature performance and oil tolerance. It tolerates minor surface contaminations from various oils, such as cutting, lubrication, anti-corrosion and protection fluids.
Locks studs against vibration loosening
Prevents thread corrosion
How to use:
Step 1: Safety Precautions
Keep out of reach of children.
Step 2: Preparation
Protect work area. Parts to be sealed must be clean and dry. Shake the product thoroughly before use. Note: To prevent the product from clogging in the nozzle, avoid touching the bottle tip to the metal surface.
Step 3: Application
For Thru Holes:
Apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
For Blind Holes:
Apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
For Sealing Applications:
Apply a 360°bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free. Force the material into the threads to thoroughly fill the voids. For bigger threads and voids, adjust product amount accordingly and apply a 360°bead of product on the female threads also. Assemble parts and tighten as required. Sets in approximately 10 minutes and fully cures in 24 hours.
Step 4: Cleanup
Clean adhesive residue immediately with a damp cloth. Cured product can be removed with a combination of soaking in methylene chloride and mechanical abrasion such as a wire brush.
For disassembly, shear with standard hand tools and remove with methylene chloride. In rare instances where hand tools do not work because of excessive engagement length, apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 250°C. Disassemble while hot.
Directions for use:
1. For best results, clean all surfaces (external and internal) with a LOCTITE® cleaning solvent and allow to dry
2. If the cure speed is too slow, use appropriate activator. Please see the Cure Speed vs. Activator graph for reference. Allow the activator to dry when needed
3. To prevent the product from clogging in the nozzle, do not allow the tip to touch metal surfaces during application
4. For Thru Holes, apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area
5. For Blind Holes, apply several drops of the product to the lower third of the internal threads in the blind hole, or the bottom of the
6. For Sealing Applications, apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free. For bigger threads and voids, adjust product amount accordingly and apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also
7. Assemble and tighten as required
1. Apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 250 °C. Disassemble while hot For Cleanup
1. Cured product can be removed with a combination of soaking in a LOCTITE® solvent and mechanical abrasion such as a wire brush
|Unit Of Measure||each|
More From This Category