Bostik Soft Plastics Adhesive is a strong water-resistant polyurethane-based adhesive, designed for long-lasting repairs of objects made from common soft and flexible plastics. It is quick-drying leaving a clear and almost invisible glue line. Ideal for repair of inflatable swimming pool toys.
Repair of inflatable toys, plastic raincoats, lilos and vinyl swimming pools. Also suitable as a general-purpose glue for DIY repairs around the house and for arts and craft.
Adheres to rigid and soft (plasticized) PVC, ABS, Perspex, Polystyrene (solid), Formica polyurethane, and fibreglass. Also bonds a variety of other materials such as metal, glass, porcelain, ceramic, leather, most rubbers, felt, cork, fabric, cardboard, paper, coated and uncoated wood.
- Not suitable on plastics such as polypropylene, polyethylene.
- Not suitable on expanded polystyrene, rayon and acetate fabrics, EPDM and silicone rubber.
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from all loose materials, dust, dirt, oil, rust and any other contaminants. For improved adhesion, surfaces should be lightly abraded and then wiped with a solvent such as acetone. Poor surface preparation may result in a weak bond and delamination of the substrates along the glue line.
HOW TO USE
1. Ensure that surfaces are prepared as above.
Wet stick method:
2. Spread an even film of adhesive onto both surfaces. If required, use the PVC patch provided.
3. Leave the surfaces open for approximately 5 minutes, until almost dry.
4. Bring surfaces together firmly until bonded. If necessary, hold together with a clamp or tape.
5. Full strength develops after 24 hours.
Dry stick method:
6. This application method achieves the strongest and fastest bond. It is ideal for heavy-duty repairs or when initial high bond strength is required.
7. Spread an even film of adhesive onto both surfaces. Allow drying completely.
8. Re-activate the glue by applying a suitable heat source over the surfaces, e.g. a hairdryer.
9. Once the surfaces are very hot, bring together and press firmly to ensure good contact for about 2 minutes.
10. Depending on the application, the object may be handled immediately.
11. Full strength develops after 24 hours.
- Wet adhesive can be cleaned with acetone.
- Dried adhesive can be removed mechanically or with acetone. If using acetone, check for substrate compatibility prior to use.
Appearance Clear viscous liquid
Density (g/cm³) Approximately 0.9
Odour Mildly pungent odour
Solids (%) Approximately 15
Viscosity (cps) Approximately 3500
TYPICAL PERFORMANCE DATA
Initial setting time 10 minutes to 2 hours (depending on porosity of substrate)
Final setting time 24 hours
Temperature resistance Approximately -20 to 80°C
Water resistance Excellent
Others Also Bought
More From This Category