Selleys No More Gaps Interior Colours is a flexible gap filler available in a range of modern colours, to fill those unsightly gaps and cracks around the home and take away the need to paint.
- Available in a great colour range, so no need to paint.
- Paintable if required.
- Superior flexibility to cope with building movement, meaning the cracks and gaps will be hidden for long. Has greater than 350% elongation/stretch and up to +/- 20% movement capability.
- Superior adhesion to a broad range of surfaces, resulting in a lasting finish.
- A smooth flawless finish and minimal shrinkage
- Can be painted over with both water and oil-based paints, after the surface has skinned. (Approximately 30 minutes after application).
- Wide joints are best left for 48 hours before painting as some paints shrink during drying that can cause the paint to crack
- Is formulated for long term resistance to cracking and crumbling.
- Is water-based, so can be cleaned up with water.
- Will not stain building materials.
- Has good resistance to weathering.
- Mould and mildew resistance.
Where can this product be used?
- Between window and door frames and the wall.
- Along skirting boards.
- Around cornices.
- Between benchtops and tiles which are not exposed to water.
- In corners or between walls and ceilings
- Between cabinets and cupboards
- Around air conditioning vents and the ceiling
- Where shrinkage or movement has caused rigid fillers to crack
- Gaps with the maximum width of 25mm and depth of 12mm.
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Brick & Concrete
- Plasterboard, particleboard & fibre cement sheeting
- Ceramic Tiles
- Bare or painted surfaces
- Many other building materials
How To Use
- Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from dust, grease, flaking/powdery paint and old or crumbling caulk.
- Cut the seal and nozzle and fit to the top of the cartridge. Insert the cartridge into a caulking gun such as Selleys Light Speed Caulking gun.
- Hold the caulking gun at a 45° angle and apply, forcing product into gap
- Smooth with a wet finger or spatula
- Clean up excess with a damp cloth immediately and clean hands and tools with water.
- Allow surface to skin thoroughly prior to painting with water-based paints. If oil-based paints are to be used, or if gaps are large, allow sealant to set for about 24 hours and ensure the product is completely cured.
- Avoid water contact until fully cured- 72 hours or longer in cold weather.
- Not recommended for foot traffic areas, gaps between tongue and groove boards or weatherboard overlaps. Use Selleys(R) No More Gaps(R) Timber Flooring Flexible Gap Filler for gaps between tongue and groove boards. Use Selleys(R) No More Gaps(R) Exterior & Weatherboard Gap Filler for weatherboard overlaps.
- Not suitable for areas in prolonged contact with water eg. showers, pools & spas. Where significant joint movement occurs, or for areas of frequent water immersion, use the appropriate Selleys(R) Silicone Sealant.
- Do not apply or store below 5°C.
- Ensure you tape both sides of the gap before applying the product. This ensures a neat finish and makes it easier to clean up.
- When first applying the product, extrude a small amount onto a piece of scrap material to ensure a smooth continuous flow of gap filler.
- If you are going to wipe off the excess gap filler with a wet finger, ensure you wet your finger with water and not saliva, as saliva contains bacteria and this will increase the chances of mould growing in your gap filler.
- Allow the surfaces to the skin prior to painting, which is approximately 30 minutes. Protect from rain until firmly skinned. Allow for longer skin and cure times in damp conditions.
- Some water-based undercoats and flat paints may crack on drying. To reduce this effect allows the product to cure for 24 hours in small gaps or 48 hours in larger gaps before painting with such paints.
- Keep a pack of Selleys Sugar Soap Wipe handy to wipe up any spills and for cleaning. They are an easy and effective way to keep clean on the job.
More From This Category