Polyfilla Crack Filler Bathroom & Kitchen Moisture Mold Resistant 330ml
Moisture and mould resistant, this product has been specially formulated for filling cracks, holes and chips in wet areas of the home.
Easy to sand, sets to a super hard finish and is highly crack resistant.
Filling blade included
For use on Plasterboard, masonry, wood, concrete, mortar & cement board (INTERIOR)
Fill depth: Up to 10mm
Dries in: 3 hours
Ready to use: YES
Available in: 330mL & 770mL
• Surface to be filled should be clean and dry with no loose or powdery material. Mould affected areas should be thoroughly cleaned with a suitable mould remover, rinsed and allowed to dry.
• Using the attached filling blade press filler in firmly and remove excess.
• Allow drying (2-3 hours in thin 2-3mm applications depending on humidity), before sanding.
• For deeper jobs apply in 10mm layers, allowing each layer to set, before applying the next layer. Allow longer drying times (24 hours minimum) if painting with oil-based paints or for deeper applications.
• Finish off sanding with a fine sandpaper (>300 grit) for a smoother finish.
• For best results, apply paint undercoat before applying paint topcoat suitable for bathrooms and kitchens, to maximise water, moisture and mould resistance.
• Not for areas that will be immersed in water.
• Use a flexible Poly sealant where joint movement occurs.
• Clean up with water before filler dries.
Q. Should I use a different filler in damp areas?
A. Yes. Polyfilla Bathroom & Kitchen has been specially formulated to resist water, moisture and mould growth making it perfect for use in damp areas of the home.
HOW TO PREPARE A BATHROOM OR KITCHEN FOR PAINTING
The key to achieving a flawless paint finish is preparation. A fresh coat of paint can often accentuate imperfections on plaster walls so it's important that small cracks, dents and chips are properly filled and sanded to create a smooth, even surface for a picture-perfect finish. In areas affected by moisture such as bathrooms, kitchens and laundries we recommend using products specially designed to resist mould growth.
Before starting on your walls, it's a good idea to clear your bathroom or kitchen of accessories and appliances. Use good quality drop sheets to avoid getting paint and dust on benchtops, sinks and floor surfaces.
Poly Sugar Soap
Polyfilla Bathroom & Kitchen
A flexible filling blade
A soft brush
Ensure your walls have no remaining nails, pins, etc. With fine sandpaper, remove lumps, bumps and any paint flakes. Brush off excess dust and then wash down the walls thoroughly with Poly Sugar Soap to remove mould, grease and grime. Let the sugar soap dry completely before filling.
Apply a small amount of Polyfilla Bathroom & Kitchen to your filling blade and draw it across each imperfection on the wall. For larger areas, a trowel should be used.
Using the filling blade, remove excess and skim the filled areas lightly in both directions a few times to ensure a no air bubbles are present in the filled space. Feathering the edges will also minimise sanding. Finish by drawing down with firm pressure.
Wait until the application has dried (2-3 hours for thin 2-3mm applications depending on humidity), then lightly sand the filled areas to an even finish.
Remove dust with a soft brush. Allow longer drying times for deeper applications or if painting with oil-based paints (24 hours minimum). There is no need to use water or sugar soap to clean dry filled surfaces prior to painting.
For deeper jobs, apply in 10mm layers allowing each layer to set before applying the next layer.
Invest in a good painterís tape and carefully tape off any skirting, architraves, woodwork, etc. As you apply it, gently rub across the edge of the tape that will be painted to help prevent any paint from seeping underneath
Now you've created a smooth, blemish-free surface, youíre ready to paint and achieve a perfect finish! For best results, apply paint undercoat before applying your top coat.