Selleys No More Gaps Exterior Hi-Flex weather Protection White x 130g
Selleys No More Gaps Exterior is a specially formulated flexible gap filler, with superior weather, UV and mould resistance to protect against harsh external elements such as rain, wind and UV rays. It can be painted over with both water and oil based paints, so you can give your house the professional finish it deserves. Also available in easy tube format.
- Superior flexibility to cope with building movement, meaning the cracks and gaps will be hidden for longer.
- Has greater than 500% elongation/stretch and up to +/- 25% joint movement capability.
- Superior adhesion to a broad range of surfaces, resulting in a lasting finish.
- Has good resistance to weathering
- Contains a titanium compound for superior UV resistance.
- Contains a fungicide and algaecide to protect against unsightly mould and algae growth.
- Can be painted over with both water and oil based paints, after the surface has skinned. (Approximately 30 minutes after application)..
- Wide joints are best left for 48 hours before painting as some paints shrink during drying that can cause the paint to crack.
- Is formulated for long term resistance to cracking and crumbling.
- Is water based, so can be cleaned up with water.
- Will not stain building materials.
Where can this product be used?
- Between exterior window and door frames
- Fascia boards and eaves
- Masonry Walls
- Timber & synthetic weatherboards
- Where shrinkage or movement has caused rigid fillers to crack
- Gaps with a maximum width of 25mm & depth of 12mm
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Brick & Concrete
- Fibre cement sheeting, plasterboard
- Ceramic Tiles
- Aluminium & other metals
- Many other building surfaces
How To Use
- Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from dust, grease, flaking/powdery paint and old or crumbling caulk.
- Cut seal and nozzle and fit to cartridge. Insert into a quality caulking gun such as Selleys Light Speed caulking gun.
- Apply with caulking gun, forcing product into gap.
- Smooth with a wet spatula, ensuring sufficient product remains in joint.
- Clean up with a damp cloth immediately.
- Allow to skin (about 30 minutes) before painting with water-based paints. If oil-based paints are to be used, or if gaps are large, allow sealant to set for about 24 hours and ensure the product is completely cured.
- Protect from water until firmly skinned. Allow for longer skin and cure times in damp conditions.
- For new weatherboard, check weatherboard manufacturers instructions before using this product
- Note that in very harsh conditions, joints between boards may expand beyond products movement capability. In such cases re-apply product and paint over.
- Not suitable for areas of continuous water immersion eg ponds
- Not suitable for application at below 5°C
- Protect from rain until the product has firmly skinned, and allow longer skin and cure times in damp conditions.
- Ensure you tape both sides of the gap before applying the product. This ensures a neat finish and makes it easier to clean up.
- When first applying product, extrude a small amount onto a piece of scrap material to ensure a smooth continuous flow of gap filler.
- If you are going to wipe off the excess gap filler with a wet finger, ensure you wet your finger with water and not saliva, as saliva contains bacteria and this will increase the chances of mould growing in your gap filler.
- Allow the surfaces to skin prior to painting, which is approximately 30 minutes. Protect from rain until firmly skinned. Allow for longer skin and cure times in damp conditions.
- Some water based under coats and flat paints may crack on drying. To reduce this effect, allow the product to cure for 24 hours in small gaps or 48 hours in larger gaps before painting with such paints.
- For maximum durability on bare exterior surfaces, apply a coat of acrylic paint and allow to dry, before applying this gap sealant. Always paint over with a quality exterior paint.
- To ensure you get a professional finish ensure you paint with a good quality paint and paint brush. Painting with a good brush ensures the finish and durability of the paint is increased. We recommend a 50mm Edger Brush, as the cut angle of the bristles takes the work out of applying paint.
- Keep a pack of Selleys Sugar Soap Wipes handy to wipe up any spills and for cleaning. They are an easy and effective way to keep clean on the job.
More From This Category